Tucker Henry

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, September 6, 2012

Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day!

Today was just one of those days! I'm just so glad that it is coming to an end! I thought it was going to be great because Riley had slept through the night and I had a pretty easy day at work. The plan was to get out of my lunch, run to the grocery, pick up the boys, drop them off at home, pick Riley up at day care and get her home in time to nurse her by 4. It all seemed pretty do-able until lunch ran an hour longer than I thought it would. Then came the down pour of bad luck!!
I decided I didn't have time for the grocery store so I just headed to get the boys. After I got them all loaded in the car, I pulled out on the street and then my tire blew out. So I pulled into some random parking lot, with no shade of course! So there I am sitting here in an random parking lot with no trees, a cooler of freshly pumped breast milk, 2 crazy dogs who are getting hot by the way!!! Really?? In the back of my mind all I kept thinking was "I have to get to Riley because I didn't send her to school with enough pumped milk" I did have some emergency formula at the school but I am just really trying to exclusively breast feed. Funny how the Similac rep is adamant about exclusively breast feeding LOL I sure am a walking advertisement for my job huh? But my customers seem to like and respect my decision even more knowing what I do for a living.
So I called mom and Jason all panicked and to the rescue they came! Mom came and picked up my dogs so they wouldn't get overheated and Jason headed straight to pick up little bit. I called the fleet company and scheduled someone to come change my tire. Of course by the time Jason could get to Riley, they had had to give her a Similac bottle...oh well what do you do! That's why its there, for emergency situations and that sure is what we had today! Then on top of all of this, my cell phone decided it was only going to work while it was on speaker phone! I mean really, what a great time for my phone to crap out!
After the nice man came and changed my tire I went and picked up moms dog for her since she had mine and headed home...going 50 mph on the interstate. All that know me well know this was the hardest thing for me to do!
I got a time at the tire place scheduled for tomorrow with a rental car so I don't miss a beat. Then when I got home we noticed that Bruno has ring worm and we noticed a spot on Riley's foot that could possible be ring worm as well! So I scheduled a vet and pet appointments for tomorrow as well.
So my calm and relaxing Friday with my baby girl turned into a rental car, tire shop, vet appointment, Pediatrician office and prepping for Jason and I's interview at the Immigration office! WHEW!!! Is this really my life as a mommy and wife? If so, I think I kinda LOVE it even with all the chaos!

No comments:

Post a Comment